Saturday, November 21, 2009

Come little leaf...said the wind one day

I did this card for a fall ATC swap.  I was totally blanked on what to do...I had the background...but images eluded me.

Then, in a quiet moment, I heard my grandmother's voice...reciting this poem.  She and I were verrrry close.  Every time I spent the night, week, etc...she told me this poem before we went to bed.  She only  had a 3rd grade education...in those times, even the little kids worked the farm.  But, she had gone to school long enough to learn two of the stanzas of this poem.  I found this online, and have modified it to her version...because that's the one I fell in love with. 

She's been gone five years this week.  I miss her every day.   I firmly believe those we love never go away completely...they guide us from above.  She speaks to me, and has pulled me out of some very BAD situations...were I could have been hurt in a physical and/or mental way.

So here's to you, Granny...hope you like it.

Jewell Alene Ashcraft
1918-2004



2 comments:

  1. Never heard the poem before but it is beautiful and so apt for an Autumn theme. Beautiful ACT. Your Gran sounds like a wonderful warm loving person treasure the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A toucing story about your Granny and a beautiful poem. I hope you found some instructions for the "spinner" cards they are quite addictive once you get started cheers
    Barb

    ReplyDelete