Friday, February 5, 2010

Remember Paris...

Greetings!!

Wanted to show you a card that I did for a lady on a group of mine...she needed some cheering up as she's going through a very serious illness.

Remember Paris

 

The way I made the card:
Background is a ink resist using ranger distress ink - the tea one.
The images used are ones that I found free online...
After attaching the images to the base of the card, I used my fingers to apply the same ink to distress the card and then attached the dragonfly sticker and the rhinestones to the edges of the post card image.  I then inked the edges of the card.

The effect I was looking for here was "Paris Grunge," sort of a take off on steampunk/grunge style...I like to call the effect diet steampunk/grunge...lol.

Hope you enjoy!

Gwenny

10 comments:

  1. A lovely card which your friend will love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely.I just love the old world feel to it!!Warmest Regards,Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. a beautiful Card Gweeny, very oldy worldy...jenxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is beautiful!! She is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely vintage feel this card has..well done!
    And I love your paper dolls...especially the self portrait one...very "saucy" indeed!...vbg

    Thanx so much for stopping by our 2cre8art blog and leaving your comment Gwen...we hope to see more of you there soon...vbg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely work and so glad I stopped by to say Thank you for joining my site.
    I hope you display your work on my Temptation Mondays site sometime.
    Looking forward to being a follower
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stop by to check on you. Hope everything is going ok. Let me know how you are.
    I love all your creative pieces
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the way you call this diet steampunk grunge. Too funny. I know I'm late coming to this post, but I am also late getting your OWOH piece to you. It is finally in the mail and for your patience, I have made your blog my blog for the day (Mar 24).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting you from Elizabeth and Bleubeard. What a lot of wonderful creativity!
    Happy Springtime to you!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful technique that your friend will truly love. You have a wonderful gift of creating...Love it!

    tootles,
    bunny

    ReplyDelete